Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Year Of The Rat


It's the Year of the Rat according to Chinese astrology and that's great news for anyone getting married this year. It's the perfect time for a fresh start like tying the knot, starting a new job, or embarking on a new project.

I was born during the Year of the Rat and while the little critters don't repulse me as much as, say, snakes or spiders, I won't be showcasing this cake topper. But I have to admit, for the right couple, this can be oddly adorable. My sister and her husband had Day of the Dead wedding dolls on their cake. For those of you who may not know, they are skeleton figures often in celebratory poses and it's all to honor Dia de los Muertos, a day in Mexico where they honor the lives of those who have passed on. Most of us found it charming, but there were some who questioned, "Why do they have dead people on their cake?"

Rats cake topper found on APicturePerfectWedding.com.

2 comments:

Polka Dot Bride said...

I was reading thinking 'I hope she doesn't say it's their cake topper' mm no to the cake rats!

I like the DOD idea though :)

mechanic said...

there is a store on Grand Street close to Bozu (across the street) which has a huge selection of DOD merch, including bride and groom stuff, FYI...