Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Beautiful Bridesmaids

















I will never understand why most bridesmaid dresses are, well, unflattering even on the most genetically blessed bodies. Why do so many things with the word "bridal" translate to being un-chic? A hairdresser once told me after a cut that now my hair looks less bridal. I was very offended. Do brides really want their 'maids to look unattractive? I know I don't, so my ladies and I have been checking out the dresses in Nanette Lepore, Foley + Corinna, Catherine Malandrino, Alice Temperley, and other similar boutiques. I've also been scouring the web for ideas and ShopBop.com has some super styles (shown above) to make your bridal party look less "bridal" and more "party." It is the event of the year, right? Why not let everyone look fantastic?

From top: Sunner, Mint Jodi Arnold, Mint Jodi Arnold, McQ, Hanii Y, and Foley + Corinna.

1 comment:

mechanic said...

could not agree more! i was in a wedding party that all seven girls (with widely varying body types) looked terrible in the poorly made, badly cut, unflattering dresses. it was semi-traumatic for all involved and went far beyond the "you can wear it again" statement. the only girl who did not throw hers out within 48 hours of the nuptials wore it slathered in blood as "psycho bridesmaid" that halloween.

needless to say, its still a sore point among the seven of us. and a waste of $300.