Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 31, 2008

A Bride's Gripe

I went to a wedding show a few months ago and while it wasn't very helpful or informative, it was fine. People were nice even though it was crowded. I felt there wasn't anything there that I didn't already know about and it mostly seemed like the ads in a bride magazine...you know, the ones you flip right over to get to the good stuff. Only at this bridal show, there wasn't much of the good stuff.

My gripe is in the aftermath. I didn't give my email or phone number to many vendors (maybe one), but my info was supplied upon check in. I have received an email or phone call almost every day regarding something bridal that I am not interested in and I have to say it's very annoying. I am unsubscribing each time, but there is always a new one from a new company popping in my inbox. The last call I received was from a huge bridal store. I told the person I wasn't interested and then he starts asking a ton of questions:

Him: Well, where did you buy your dress?
Me: Kleinfeld
Him: What style was it?
Me: I'm sorry but I am not interested in answering these questions.
Him: Well, can you tell me if it was a mermaid dress, an A-line...
Me: Sorry, no, not interested. Thank you.

My wedding is two months away and I really hope these calls and emails do not continue beyond the honeymoon. Beware of giving out your info if you go to a bridal show.

No comments: