Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

KT Jean Is Chic






I've been kind of obsessed with Etsy.com lately. It's important to me not to have a "catalog" kind of wedding. I don't want mass produced run-of-the-mill favors; I won't get a French mani; I want to add a unique charm to every detail. Granted, it can get expensive, but it also can save a lot if you go with designers with a DIY ethic.

Which leads me to my dress fitting story. I went for my first fitting and it wasn't as fairytale as I wanted it to be. I am in love with my dress...don't get me wrong...I am just concerned with the length. I've never wore a floor length gown before and I, a girl who lives in heels, had a hard time walking the length of the fitting room. I thought, How am I supposed to dance? I can't show you the dress here since my soon-to-be husband checks this page out every now and again, but it's a vintage-like Melissa Sweet that my friend Steph said had a touch of "rock and roll and country." It's very me, but being me includes wearing heels, and while I can weather trekking around the snow in three-inchers, I fear of falling down in this gown.

Solution? Etsy! Namely KT Jean Designs. I just ordered the mini and in case I feel like I can't shake it on the dance floor as much as I would like to, I can slip into this. Katie Jean also makes full length gowns that are a steal and absolutely gorgeous!

No comments: