Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 29, 2008

Stamp Counselor


I just sent out my invites! My wedding is 86 days away (TheKnot.com keeps me informed of the countdown) and we wanted to get them out early since 99 percent of those invited are traveling for our big day, which is taking place in New Orleans. I knew from my sister's wedding that my handwriting was good enough to address all the envelopes, but anything we could do to not tax my hand too much would help. So we purchased a rubber stamp that looks super chic...the only problem? The last name is in the center with the address written around it in a circle. Obviously, we didn't think it through. It's fine for a return address, but we didn't think we could stamp it on the RSVPs as it wasn't clear enough for the post office to read. So I hand-addressed those as well.


I was browsing on Etsy and came across these well designed and post office-friendly stamps by Sweet Papery. They sell many with horizontally placed addresses and feature slick fonts and styles. They can also customize. Your hand will applaud you for this purchase, plus most of them are in the twenty dollar range!

No comments: